Saturday, August 29, 2026

boo! it’s almost spooky szn: costume ideas, movies and theme parks

2 days left of this month (August) and it’ll be the start of the -ber months. I thought time was going quite slow and now that it’s closer to Halloween… It’s actually going quite quick because what do you mean there’s 4 months left of this year? 

Anyways, Halloween! My TikTok for you page is full and when I say full, I think there’s at least one costume idea video underneath a video that’s completely outside of Halloween/October theme. Like, I would have just finished watching a video about spending money and such, then I’ll scroll to the next video and it’s a costume idea for brunettes or for people who wear glasses. Insane.



This obviously got me thinking about what I would wear if I were to go to a Halloween party, which I believe the group of friends I hung out with last week… are planning to go out to the clubs and party = they want me to come too. Gosh, I haven’t been to the clubs in so long. TBH I’ve only been twice. First time was for a Taylor Swift themed party and the other was actually for a work event/gala.

Apart from TikTok, I do have my own list of ideas I could dress up as on my notes app. I’ve even included ones I’ve done/dressed up whether it was for Halloween, Birthday party, Book Week and Athletics Carnival/Sports Day in school. I will say most of them I did for the school stuff lol. I still have a few good ones I could still do. By few, I mean 30 options HAHAHAHAHA - endless.

Here’s a few ideas (4) I thought were quite cool and whimsical:


credits go to owners who made these moodboards! (i found them on pinterest)

Aside from costumes, let’s talk about horror movies. Have you got a favourite or one that is essential to get into that spooky season / vibes? I don’t. I’m not into horror. If I was wanting to get into that Halloween spirit, I’d be watching films like Hocus Pocus, HalloweenTown or Monster House! Though, last week I did watch a horror movie with the friends I was talking about/mentioned above. We watched Insidious: Out of the Further. It was actually not too bad for the Insidious franchise (I have watched all - with my parents of course, duh! Ain’t no way I was watching that by myself), though I did feel as though there were some parts in the movie that made it feel rushed. I’m not spoiling anything here, go watch it for yourself. 

Now, let’s talk quickly about the theme parks. I don’t know if I’d be up to do any of them unless I’m with someone. I think the most popular one that people go to is Halloween Horror Nights in Universal Studios. The thought of going into those haunted house and mazes… ugh. Like, I know the people inside them are just actors but still HAHAHAHA I think I’m just a scaredy cat and I’d be screaming the whole entire time trying to complete it. Halloween is just not that big here in Australia so for us to have something like that here just wouldn’t make sense since it’s more-so an American thing.

With that being said, have you got an outfit/costume for Halloween or are planning to attend a party for the spooky season? Let me know in the comments below, otherwise I hope you enjoyed reading this post and I’ll see you on my next one!

Love, Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment