Friday, August 28, 2026

race week - monza

“In Italy, there are two religions: the Catholic Church… and Ferrari” - Lewis Hamilton


How’s that for an intro? No, but for real though. When it’s time for the Italian Grand Prix, the Italians are on a whole ‘nother level in terms of support with the HP Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team. 


Cool facts about Ferrari:

Scuderia Ferrari has been one of the longest teams to have ever been in Formula One. The team has been competing ever since 1950 having their first ever race at the Monaco Grand Prix, making them the oldest and only-ever present team standing in the sport’s history. The team also holds the record for the most successful team in Formula One history, accumulating 16 Constructors’ Championship and 15 Drivers’ Championship.


Those facts alone basically sums up Lewis’ quote that I used as an intro. Ferrari is just that iconic and quite unforgettable. Which I can also tie in another quote, “Everybody is a Ferrari fan, even if they’re not. They’re a Ferrari fan” which was said by the great, Sebastian Vettel who once drove for the famous team and won 14 races with them #imissyouseb .


There’s a week to go till race week starts back in Monza for the 13th round of the 2026 Formula 1 World Championship. In case you haven’t read my previous post, I support Ferrari. We often get ridiculed on the media and are usually deemed as delulu (delusional) when it comes to winning the World Driver’s Constructors Championship and Ferrari’s main protegè, Charles Leclerc to have his first world champion with the team. We say things like “Oh, next year will be our year” “Next race…Ferrari 1-2 podium” or “We’re so back”. The “we’re so back” one is quite insane because that means from that race when Ferrari scores points, the next race happens and we’re back to square one - like both drivers would end up placing below P5. Which then follows the cycle of saying “Nah, next race will be better TRUST”. In short, Ferrari fans or the tifosi try not to expect too much or have high expectations during races - especially when one of the drivers qualify for pole position in qualifying, because all hell breaks lose when the engineers don’t know what to do with their many strategies and plans for that specific race.


With that being said, I still obviously would really like it if Ferrari can get their shit together and actually lock in for this race. Like babes, it’s not just me who wants a Ferrari 1-2 podium… Almost all the Italians are rooting for it. Unless, you are a Mercedes fan and supports the Italian driver - Andrea Kimi Antonelli. Who is currently up in the lead for the World Driver’s Championship with a current of 242 points. Oh, and he recently just had his birthday, he turned 20 - Happy Birthday, Kimi! It’s actually crazy how the points add up. This is all because he has had the most wins so far in the last 12 rounds of the championship. How, you may ask? Well, he’s only had the most race starts too! Back to back pole positions on qualifying will definitely get you there.


Anyways. I’m so excited for it to be race week again. It’s really the only thing I ever get excited about and look forward to these days because I don’t do much nor do I go out that often. It was honestly quite such a shock to some of my co-workers when they found out I was into the motorsport. Honestly, past me from 5 years ago would be too. She’d probably be really confused but also starts to be interested as to why.


I think I’ve yapped enough for today’s post. I hope you liked this entry and learned a few things about Ferrari and found them cool or at least interesting.




Love, Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment