Tuesday, August 18, 2026

how i got into formula one & f1 summer break


Hello, lovelies! For those who don’t know, I am a big fan of Formula One. I actually went to one of my first race this year as a birthday present for myself back in March. It was so exciting as it was the first race of the new season. There were 2 new teams entering the grid and a whole new set of regulations. The Australian Grand Prix is always held in Melbourne, Australia at the Albert Park Circuit. I went with my mum for the first two days and race day. It’s actually insane how many people went. It was so insane that Melbourne set an all-time attendance record of 483,934 spectators across the four-day weekend. So crazy. I got into the sport almost a year ago. I’ve heard of the motorsport since I was a kid, maybe around the age of 8 but I never really got into it. The first race I ever watched on a livestream was the Hungarian Grand Prix. I’m still getting around to the mathematical stuff of it all. I know a few terms and such, some I still struggle to understand but the more I watch, I try and learn a few new things. It was definitely such a thrill seeing the cars in full action! The roar of the engines, the crowd in the stands cheering on for their favourite drivers with their full support and wearing their team’s merchandise. It felt so cool to be a part of  one of those crowds. In case you were wondering which team I support… It’s Ferrari. I know, I know… We’re kind of deemed as clowns for supporting Ferrari because we’re delusional and keep backing up Charles Leclerc into winning his first world driver’s championship. As for my favourite driver, it’s my favourite Spanish man - Carlos Sainz Jr. who happened to be ex-teammates with Charles when he was in Ferrari. In my opinion, they were one of THE best duos in the grid to have ever happened #charlosforever. At the moment, Carlos is not doing well… The Williams car is not performing well, even ask Alex Albon - Carlos’ teammate. The team literally placed dead last during the last race before summer break, which is saying something.


As I’m writing this, there is currently 2 days to go till race week starts again and I’m so excited to get back into it. This just means for me, I have to renew my subscription for Kayo Sports which goes for I think $40/month? Insanity. I thought it was fitting for me to pause it since it was summer break but omg it’s so insane how expensive it is for a subscription. If there are any other fellow F1 fans reading this, please suggest where else I can watch live races because it is hard out here.


Speaking of summer break, Mercedes’ one and only diva driver - George Russell proposed to his girlfriend, Carmen! The ring had this beautiful yellow stone and in the band of the ring, a turtle engraved. Why a turtle? Apparently, it is known that Carmen loves turtles and so George had the ring engraved with a turtle outline inside the band, which is such a cute touch and most definitely was a surprise for Carmen.


This summer break was basically just the drivers having the most fun time by hanging out with their partners and loved ones. For example, Charles Leclerc posted on his Instagram photos of him and his now wife - Alexandra Leclerc, hanging out in their VERY expensive yacht with… dare I say the most lavish and most adored dog in the paddock - Leo Leclerc. Guys, I love Leo so much that ever since Alex Albon said in that one F1 media segment of who is the best dog dad and his answer was Charles, because “That dog is living a life of luxury. dreams - I wish I was his dog”. I have never agreed more. Leo flies private jet, gets taken on yacht trips and gets taken to all the races - not even needing a pass for the paddock no more. A life of luxury indeed for the adorable pup. Never thought I’d say that I’m jealous of a dog lol.

While on the topic of the Leclerc’s, Alexandra… believe it or not, she is VERY pregnant. I know I shouldn’t be one to talk about it just yet, since it was quite the topic in the F1 community on TikTok when her bump was not as visible and they haven’t fully proper announced it. Now, with more photos posted you can clearly tell she is pregnant. She herself has posted pics (while hanging out on their yacht)! My goodness is she glowing in them pics too. What a crazy summer break. 


That’s it for this post, happy race week and see you on my next one!



Love, Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment